[ Supported Software |
Settings Quick Reference | E-Mail
Software Quick Reference Guides ]
Windows users do not
need any special scripts or software to use either our dialup or broadband
access services, you can use your "out of the box" systems to connect.
While we only provide technical support on the Windows platform, we
may be able to point
you toward software for other operating systems, and will be more than happy to provide you with the
configuration information you require to configure whatever software you use to connect to
IUL regardless of your chosen computer platform.
Windows users should note that all versions of Windows prior
to Windows 10 have been retired by Microsoft. As such, updates, software
downloads and patches may no longer be available to assist users in resolving
their problems. We will do our best to assist you, but there may
be circumstances where the age of your operating system will affect your support
Quick reference guides to setting up several common e-mail
programs are available below.
The following Windows software is considered current by Internet Unlimited:
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 or higher
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8 (and 8.1)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and above - WWW Browser
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.x, Windows Mail, Microsoft
Outlook - E-Mail
The following software is no longer current. We may be able to help you configure this software, but we
strongly recommend that you upgrade to the current software referenced above as
support resources for these products are limited.
- Microsoft Windows 3.x, 95, 98, 98 2nd Edition, ME, 2000 and
Windows XP prior to SP3
- Versions of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express prior to version 6.0
- Microsoft Internet Mail - E-Mail Program
- Microsoft Internet News - Usenet News Reader Program
- MIRC - IRC Chat Client
- Microsoft NetMeeting - Voice Chat/Conferencing Client
- Microsoft Comic Chat - "Comic Based" Chat
- Microsoft ActiveMovie - Video and Audio Player
- Microsoft HTML Layout Control - An addon to Internet Explorer allowing the browser to
display advanced formatting provided by some websites.
- WS_FTP - Standalone FTP Client
We may be able to provide configuration assistance on the following
common Internet software, although it is not provided by or supported by IUL's technical
- Netscape Navigator, Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, Opera - WWW Browser/Usenet News/E-Mail
Below are the software settings required for connection with IUL, please note that your
software may not require all settings indicated below (you may wish to print a copy and
retain for your reference in case you have software problems). We recommend that you print a copy
of these settings and keep it handy in case you ever need to reconfigure your Internet
||Primary Dialup Phone Number
Please click-here for our access number
locator for other cities across Canada
||Your E-Mail Address
||Your IMAP Username/Account
||Your Login Username
|Domain Name (DNS) Servers for ADSL and Dialup clients (it is preferable to select "server
assigned" instead of entering these values manually). Hosting
clients please contact IUL support for your correct DNS server values.
||Mail (IMAP & SMTP) Servers
||SMTP Port Number
|You should specify that your outgoing email
server requires authentication, using the same settings as incoming.
|Your IP Address is "Dynamically" or "Server assigned"
unless you have purchased a broadband service plan which includes a true-static
|Your username, password and all system names should always be entered in
Below are quick guides to checking your e-mail
settings in several popular e-mail programs: